Sunday, August 7, 2011

Petrol Pump Lechers

I am willing to bet my last indian rupee that there is not a single Indian woman....nay... make that a single woman in India who has not been leched at, at a petrol pump in India. I just stopped at a pump near my house in Pune, Wanowrie and asked the guy to fill 500 bucks worth gas. Was with 5 kids in the car ( not all mine mind you ) looked ragged after taking eleven 9 year old girls to watch Smurfs and I had my thick glasses on ( poor eyesight - hereditary not age ). This guy took my money and proceeded to gun the gas into the tank while all the while staring at the general area between my neck and navel. Now some of you may say I should have sat in the car - why ask for trouble right? But these effers from who knows effeing where will cheat you on the gas if you don't step out and check the zero and check that they are not fingering the petrol gun. I think a pre-requisite for employment at a petrol station in India has got to be funky frikking fingers - they all have them!!!
Anyway, the icing on the cake was that he was doing it blatantly! Now for those of you who know me and for those of you who know me through my blog, I wasn' taking this standing up. I snapped my fingers at him and asked him if there was something the matter. He looked up at me blankly and for a moment there he had that 'beam me up scotty' look. Only there was no scotty and I was so not-e going to let this shorty get away with his sortie. I walked up to him and told him to stop filling petrol and give my money back. Stunned - he just did not move. By which time he had filled in the amount of petrol 500 INR will buy ( those of you living in this land of the not so brave and definitely not free would know its not much at all )
Me, I refused to pay. The way 'I looked' at it was that 'he looked' and boy was he going to pay. So long story short - they stopped me. I lost my cool, they hit him on his head and I eventually paid and drove off.
The thing is that I made my point ( or two ) and the guy will now be careful in future. And to all you guys who are thinking ummm what was she wearing - you deserve a slut slap ( in support of the slut walks happening all over the world) and for all you girls - next time you stop to fill petrol get out of the car and dare the guy to stare. Then you know what to do.
May the force be with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment